Tuesday 1 June 2010

Oil,oils,oils

Exams are done, iWorship was fab and now I've come to the realization that my time in Leeds is coming to an end :( ... I have just over a month left in the UK and then I become a German... which isn't as bad as I may be making it out to be..its just I'm really going to miss everyone...

Hmm anyway no more soppy time.. I did promise a blog on oils so here it goes!

Besides the MOISTURIZE AND SEAL phenomenon ( next blog ) oils are also beneficial when mixed with conditioners and shampoos.


Peppermint Oil : Its balancing action regulates the production of oil which is helpful in cases of dry or oily hair. It removes toxic congestion in the skin...Stimulates blood flow on the scalp....(However always mix with another oil do NOT use alone)


Coconut oil: MY FAVOURITE! Softens the hair and conditions the scalp. Using the coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner can rid a person of dandruff better than a medicated shampoo. It also strengthens your hair. I LOOOOVEEE IT!


Jojoba Oil is said to be extremely good for hair with problems and damage...It is respected for its healing and moisturizing abilities...Jojoba Oil is another oil that is similar to the natural oil your scalp produces called sebum ( other oils that mimic sebum are Coconut and Macadamia Oil.Jojoba Oil is said to be a great oil to leave in hair overnight



Castor Oil for me softens my hair and helps thicken it.

An oil I have never used is...

Alma Oil, Alma Oil has been used by Indians for years as a conditioner for the hair. It is said to promote hair growth and prevent premature graying. It also rids you of dandruff, encourages stronger Hair, stops Shedding and prevents split ends (Hmm? Have to try that)

This is what my sister thinks of it: "I really like Alma Oil, it smells a little funky so I usually use it in my pre-poos or deep conditioners so that i can wash it out with something that smells much nicer! Typically i will mix it with my Henna treatment, Herbal Essence Breakage Defender masque and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Its inexpensive and i would definitely recommend it!

For some of the oils I have said (*However always mix with another oil do NOT use alone). The reason for this is that the concentration of the oil alone is too high. Imagine just pure Rosemary oil on your scalp..hmm not so sure its a good idea!

Plus there are so many more oils...so I will definitely update when I have tried and tested!
 Finally the one oil I cannot wait to purchase is Moroccan oil...so many celebrities swear by it... Iman, Nia long, the Kardashians...however its über $$££$$ so when I feel extra rich I'll defo get-ta buying and and let you know what its like. Unless of course you beat me to it!



 WITH LOVE

   x edF x 

source: keep it simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi