Saturday 9 July 2011

Supplements... Part 2


So following on from Supplements Part 1, i thought i'd share the supplements i take and how and why i use them...

I literally began life in the supplement lane 2 weeks ago! Honestly there's no reason why... I just wanted to try something new and see if this time my skin could handle it! I was raised on Cod Liver oil so i guess you could call it revisiting the past!


I was scared that i would break out just like i did when i used to take Biotin a year back, but i made some amendments this time and they seem to be working!


My supplement list: 
Biotin 1000 mcg
Cod liver oil
 MSM 300 mcg.


If you guys remember the Supplements Part 1 post, you may have caught on to me saying that the more the supplements are that you use, the lower the strength (mcg) they should be...Well the reason why i have such a high strength of Biotin is because i don't use all of my supplements in one day. I use Cod liver oil and MSM together, once a day, and Biotin the next day by itself. So my week looks something like this:


Monday- 1 Cod liver oil , 1 MSM
Tuesday- 1 Biotin
Wednesday1 Cod liver oil , 1 MSM
Thursday- Biotin

etc 
----

Biotin: Biotin is a water-soluble B-complex vitamin. It is good for hair as it strengthens both hair follicles and the hair shaft which results in thicker and stronger hair.

Cod liver oil: is derived from the liver of cod fish. It has high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids. Cod liver oil is widely taken and known to have a positive effects on the heart, bones, as well as helping to repair wounded skin, hair, and nails.

MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane):  strengthens joints, helps in increasing blood flow, muscle contraction problem and mobility related problems.

x edF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi