Monday 31 October 2011

Cupcakes and pre-poo's

I'm the biggest fat kid when it comes to a good bit of cake, especially if it's a remake from my favourite bakery's recipe book - Hummingbird. Myself and my housemates have started the different dessert a week challenge, so up on the menu yesterday was the bespoke Hummingbird vanilla cupcake. 


That wasn't it for mixing, I also whipped out my scientist hat and finally accomplished my very own water and oil prepoo!  It was a perfectly delicious day for haircare and of course palette satisfaction! 

Check out the next post for my prepoo concoction - Gingernut spice brûlée


Here is the recipe for all you budding baking kings and queens!

For the cake:


  • 120g plain flour
  • 140g caster sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 120ml whole milk
  • 1 egg
  • ¼tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 quantity vanilla frosting
  • hundreds and thousands or other edible sprinkles, to decorate
  • a 12-hole cupcake tray, lined with paper cases
For the vanilla frosting:
  • 250g icing sugar, sifted
  • 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 25ml whole milk
  • a couple of drops of vanilla extract


Avec amour...

edF ❥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi