Monday 16 January 2012

My Hair Regimen and Staples

My Hair Regimen and Staples | Jan 2012

With every new year comes plenty of change and new goals... well my regime hasn't changed much but my staples sure have! 
I was way to laxed last year and forgot to update y'all! So here's my updated Regime.



Wash once every week or once every two weeks
 [alternating between Shampoo and Conditioner]
Moisturise and seal every day/night
Trim ends every 3- 4 months or when necessary



The Wash...
Prepoo* | I prepoo every wash day which softens and prepares my hair for washing, whilst also protecting
 it from being stripped of its natural goodness.

Wash/Clarify | I wash / co-wash my hair once every 1 or 2 weeks.
 I alternate between shampoo washing and co-washing , and only clarify when I feel I have 
a lot of product build up, usually once every two months.

ConditionI DC with heat for 20-30 minutes. This can be under a few carrier bags! Or under my trusty hooded 
dryer and shower cap! I use a moisturising DC most wash days and a protein DC when my hair feels weak
 and/or when I will be using a reasonable amount of direct heat. 

Treatments | The two products I use on my weekly/fortnightly wash are Porosity Control for reducing porous hair
 and Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor for a quick protein boost.



Upkeep and styling...
Leave-in | After washing I follow up with a Leave -in and then proceed to styling my hair. 
I dry by blowdrying, airdrying [scarf method]
 or rollersetting my hair.

Moisturiser/ Sealant | I moisturise and seal every day/night. I also baggy my hair once a week.

Heat | Before applying heat to my hair I always use a Heat Protectant

Scalp Stimulation | I massage my scalp every night and every 2-3 days I massage it using a  stimulating scalp oil.


My Staples


PREPOO*
LYT Gingernut Brulee Prepoo
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme
Extra Virgin Olive Oil


SHAMPOO
Anita Grant Shampoo bars 
Hair One Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner


CONDITIONER
ORS Replenishing Pak
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Philip Kingsley Moisture Extreme Conditioner
Herbal Essences Smooth and Soft Intensive Mask


LEAVE-IN, MOISTURISERS & SEALANTS
AtOne Leave-In Conditioner [moisturiser]
Joico Daily Care Leave-in Conditioning Detangler [moisturiser]
Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Cream [moisturiser]
Pantene Pro V Repair and Care Serum [sealant]
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil [sealant]


HEAT PROTECTANT
Joico Daily Care Leave-in Conditioning  


SCALP GROWTH ENHANCERS
Homemade Castor oil concoction
Jamaican Black Castor oil


RELAXER
ORS No-Lye Relaxer [normal strength]


OTHERS
Henna BAQ Powder
Biotin Supplement


* pre shampoo treatment



Avec amour...

edF ❥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi