Monday 9 September 2013

New Series! Kitchen Chronicles : Garlic Prawn Linguine


A different kind of post today I just couldn't let this one go, I miss my cooking days! I've gotten so caught up with work and planning a few events that I cannot for the life of me remember the last time I had time to really indulge in some therapeutic kitchen time. Well this weekend just gone I wasn't about to let my hour of free time go to waste, I took a trip to my local supermarket and picked up some of the ingredients below. This was the most beautiful garlic prawn dish I have ever made! I often throw garlic into my pasta dishes because it flavours so beautiful and of course is healthy!

Plus I'm now a new Basil fan, I had no idea just how much of a difference it could make to the taste of the dish! Anyway enough drooling over my now empty plate... Here goes the recipe... Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:
[serves 4]
  • 1 onion
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 5 vine ripened tomatoes
  • 5 sprigs of fresh basil [chopped]
  • 225g jumbo king prawns
  • 100g baby mushrooms sliced
  • Rapeseed oil
  • salt
  • 1 small chicken stock cube
  • pepper to season

How to

Pasta:
  • Boil Linguine in pre-boiled water with a few sprinkles of salt till al dente
Sauce: 
  • Heat 2 tbpsns of Rapeseed oil in a wok
  • Add sliced onion and diced garlic, fry till golden brown
  • Add prawns, once mid way cooked add pinch of salt, pepper and chicken stock cube
  • Immediately after seasoning add mushrooms and tomatoes, mix to spread flavour
  • Finally add chopped basil
  • Once cooked add drained pasta to the stiry fry and mix till pasta has been fully immersed with the sauce
  • Allow to cook for 2 minutes
  • Serve!!!




Avec amour...

Fi x

1 comment:

  1. I'm not usually one for sea food, but those prawns look delish!

    ReplyDelete

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi