Wednesday 16 May 2012

Vintage Revamped: The GreenHouseEffect a.k.a Real Queens Regime

I'm sure some of you are literally doing a victory dance because I am finally posting on this! I did a post on the GreenHouse Effect a while back, but wanted to make it a tad bit more up to date and personal, so here is my current take...

THE STORY
For those of you who haven't already heard of this hair growing secret let me give you the low down! The GreenHouse Effect a.k.a Real Queens Regime was created by Meeka Jael who discovered its hair growing wonders when she went from Armpit Length to almost Waist Length in the space of a year! The secret to her hair growing miracle? The GreenHouse Effect!

SCIENCE BEHIND THE GHE METHOD
The Greenhouse Effect works by creating a warm/humid environment on your scalp which is a result of natural body heat and which in turn encourages the  natural oils from your scalp to come out and help your hair grow. 

HOW TO DO THE GHE METHOD
The GHE Method is usually done by coating dry/damp hair with a natural oil of your choice. After this is done you then wear a shower cap or plastic bag over your head in order to create a  humid environment, and then finally tie your headscarf on top of this and off to bed you go!

GHE vs BAGGYING
The GHE is often compared with baggying [using a moisturiser on your strands and creating the same humid environment in order to retain moisture], however both methods are quite different. Baggying requires the use of a moisturiser whereas the GHE only uses oils. The reason for this is simply due to the fact that the majority of moisturisers in the hairsphere contain chemicals and the GHE Method is all about using 100% natural products.

GHE PICTURES & FAQ'S by Meeka Jael HERE



MY GHE REGIME
In hopes of making this all a bit more comprehensible I figured I'd share my GHE regime with you, I do this at least twice a week for as little as 30 minutes to as long as 6-8 hours overnight and deem this as my pre-poo before wash day!

Frequency
Once or twice a week in conjunction with wash days. If I wash twice a week I GHE twice a week! Always the day before I wash.

Products
 LYT Gingernut Brulee Prepoo or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or Original Moxie Emollience Pre-Treatment 

Method
 I section my hair in 4 and then generously coat my strands with one of the above products. Once all strands have been oiled I twist each section, secure it with a bobby pin and then wear my shower cap and tie my headscarf on top! The next day I commence to wash my hair as normal.


Don't forget to check out my review of the Original Moxie Emollience Pre-Treatment using the GHE Method!


Does anyone else rock the shower cap around the house with pride all for the sake of the GHE?!


Avec amour...
Fiona ❥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi