Friday 17 June 2011

Henna Gloss treatment

source: fuckyeahcurlscurls tumblr
I mentioned a few posts ago how much i want to do a Henna treatment. I'm officially counting down! 2 more weeks and i'll be taking out my weave install and treating my hair to some henna gloss.


I'm steering away from a straight Henna treatment because many people critique Henna alone as being too drying. It acts as a strong protein treatment, so to avoid excess use of protein i will apply conditioner to the mix... a.k.a the gloss!


I've ordered my Henna from Akua @ Sheabuttercottage as well as some Shea butter and Neem powder. Here is the mix I will be using:


Ingredients:
100g BAQ Henna powder
1 cup of Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner (review to come)
1 cup Queen Helene cholesterol Deep Conditioner
20g Neem powder
2 tbsps Shea butter
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Coconut oil

Ingredient properties:
Henna- strengthens, conditions, darkens, can loosen curls, thickens hair cuticle.
Conditioner- Moisture enhancer, provides smooth slip, combats Henna drying effects.
Neem Powder- Anti-bacterial, scalp stimulating properties
Shea butter- softening, conditioning, moisturising, healing
Coconut oil- strengthens hair, penetrates hair cuticle


You can also purchase some of these products from the following stores:
Pak Cosmetics
Skinnutrition

I'll be doing a more in depth post, including my method, once i've actually done the treatment!


x fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi