Sunday 19 June 2011

Wonder oil #1 : Eucalyptus oil

There's nothing better than having a multi purpose oil, especially if it's an oil that your fave skinned celeb swears by, and also one that you already use in your hair care regime.


I've been a fan of Nia Longs smooth, flawless, 40 year old face for a long time now! She has such youthful, glowing skin... both in and out of makeup!
I did a post a while back which linked to Nia's skin secrets on B.E.T's Beauty Lounge, so a few weeks ago I revisited the link and analysed every skin secret Nia shared... one especially stood out...

'Sitting in a steam room for 20 minutes, I think, is the secret to why my skin has a youthful glow. it really does keep you moisturized. At home, inside of my steam shower, I add eucalyptus oil and it opens everything up.'- Nia Long

Besides Eucalyptus oil acting as a great stimulating hair oil, it also has many other properties:


Hair
- Eucalyptus oil can help to get rid of dandruff, which in turn can help to promote   healthy hair growth
- Eucalyptus oil can increase the elasticity of hair via increased ceramide production. Ceramides create a protective barrier around your hair thus allowing your hair to hold in moisture and protein
- Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties

General
- Eucalyptus oil promotes ceramide production in the skin
- Opens pores and blocked passage ways
- Great for muscular aches and pains
- Improves blood circulation 

I've already started steaming! Its yummy.. supple skin is the way forward! Plus i added some eucalyptus oil into my castor oil mix... ceramides here i come!

x edF

1 comment:

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi