Wednesday 23 November 2011

Diary of a mixtress : Banana 'n' chocolate hair mask - milkshake anyone ?

Gave the banana hair mask milkshake a go on Saturday and added a pinch of unrefined cocoa to it for that extra antioxidant kick *wink*

_______________________________
Banana | rich in potassium, carbohydrates and vitamins that helps in softening the hair and protects the hair's natural elasticity preventing split ends and breakage

Unrefined cocoa powder | full of antioxidants protect against free radicals

Honey | is a humectant, which means that it holds on to water molecules. This is a desirable property in a moisturizer

Natural Yoghurt |  It softens hair to comb through knots and tangles more effectively
_______________________________


Method

Hand blender and mixing bowl! Need I say anymore!

Results

Peeps this ish is hella hella messy! It tasted and looked delicious but dayummm my hair was dripping like it was raining! Reason? Natural yoghurt! I strongly dislike [never use the word hate] the stuff... 

First off let me admit to using too much natural yoghurt, I used a dollop too much... the african in me put a super duper large dollop in my mixing bowl rather than the Gordon Ramsey teaspoon size kinda dollop! [Sidenote: don't be greedy with haircare!]

Anyway all I know is natural yoghurt under a heat cap is yucky! Why didn't I apply my years of chemistry classes to my mixtress shenanigans? Yoghurt when warm = curdling... eurgh!

All in all I will be doing this mix again but without the natural yoghurt. My hair was baby bum kinda soft afterwards so I guess it was half successful!


Have you ever tried a banana based hair treatment? Share share share!


Avec amour...

edF ❥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey lovelies!

Thank you for popping by & leaving a comment!

x Fi